The Occupational Therapy team members offer a broad range of services to meet a wide variety of adult and pediatric needs. Emphasis is placed on the evaluation and treatment of patient deficits which may be due to accident or injury, illness, birth defect, disease or other dysfunction such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, developmental disabilities, cancer and others. The overall goal of Occupational Therapy is to maximize the patient’s functional independence so that their quality of life improves. Occupational Therapists also specialize in treating hand and arm problems. The unique needs of the patient and family members are addressed through treatment, training, and education that include the family as integral members of the team.
- Upper extremity management including range of motion, strength, coordination, and sensation
- Activities of daily living such as self-care, home management, and community involvement
- Cognitive, perceptual, and/or visual retraining as it relates to activities of daily living
- Fabrication of splints, slings, and other assistive devices
- Assessment and provision of adaptive equipment
- Home evaluations
- Disabled driver’s readiness screening
- Comprehensive Outpatient services
- Professional Staff
The Occupational Therapy team members are certified/licensed occupational therapists experienced in treating people who have disabilities.