Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center is pleased to offer its patient apartment, recently renovated through the generosity of Clayton Homes and Fort Sanders Foundation.
- The Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center patient apartment is used to ease the transition back to everyday life following serious injury or stroke
- PNRC is the only rehabilitation center in the area with a rehabilitation apartment for our patients
- The patient’s treatment team determines if the rehabilitation apartment is a necessary step in the patient’s recovery
- The apartment allows patients to practice everyday tasks in a safe and supportive setting before moving back home
- A friend or family member typically accompanies the patient throughout their stay in the apartment
- The apartment was originally built in 1978 and was last renovated more than 20 years ago
- The Patricia Neal Rehabilitation apartment is 598 square feet
- The apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and living space
- Patients typically spend 1 – 2 nights in the apartment
- An estimated 24 patients stay in the apartment annually
- The apartment has several adaptable features including easy-turn faucets, drop-down kitchen cabinetry and grab bars
Explore the renovated apartment as if you are really there with the virtual tour below.