Seating and mobility evaluations include an assessment of posture, strength, range of motion, skin and mobility as it pertains to the use of wheelchairs and other medical equipment. This information is used in the assessment of appropriate positioning and mobility devices.
Evaluation for custom durable medical equipment can include:
- Manual and power wheelchairs
- Wheelchair Cushions
- Wheelchair Backs
- Bathroom equipment
- Other related mobility equipment
- Pressure Mapping
This technology measures interface pressures with different wheelchair cushions, back rests or mattresses. It is valuable for the client with skin breakdown.
The seating and mobility clinic serves clients with a variety of neurological and other diagnoses causing physical disabilities that affect function, posture, positioning, skin integrity and mobility.
Equipment selection based on:
- Patient and family goals
- Pressure mapping results
- Therapeutic evaluation of function, tone, and positioning
- Accessibility in the home, community and transportation
- Funding of equipment
Professional Staff Involved
- Physical Therapist, with specialty seating certification
- Rehab Technology Supplier
- Consulting Occupational Therapist as needed
- Consulting Speech Language Pathologist as needed
To learn more, please call our Patricia Neal Outpatient Clinic at (865) 331-1605.