Seating and mobility evaluations include an assessment of posture, strength, range of motion, skin and mobility as it pertains to the use of wheelchairs and other medical equipment. This information is used in the assessment of appropriate positioning and mobility devices.
Evaluation for custom durable medical equipment can include:
- Manual and power wheelchairs
- Wheelchair Cushions
- Wheelchair Backs
- Bathroom equipment
- Custom molding for seats and backs
- Other related mobility equipment
- Pressure Mapping
- This technology measures interface pressures with different wheelchair cushions, backrests or mattresses. It is valuable for the client with skin breakdown.
The seating and mobility clinic serves clients with a variety of neurological and other diagnoses causing physical impairments that affect function, posture, positioning, skin integrity and mobility.
Equipment selection based on:
- Patient and family goals
- Pressure mapping results
- Therapeutic evaluation of function, tone, and positioning
- Accessibility in the home, community and transportation
- Funding of equipment
Professional Staff Involved
- Physical Therapist, with specialty certification
- Rehab Technology Supplier
- Consulting Occupational Therapist as needed
- Consulting Speech Language Pathologist as needed
To learn more, please call our Patricia Neal Outpatient Clinic at (865) 331-1605.